This episode of the Managing Madrid podcast is brought to you by Bisha Hotel Torontowhere you will need to book your stay when you come to see us in Toronto in October (Clasico weekend). Book your tickets here.
This episode comes in two parts.
Part One: Kiyan Sobhani and Jose Perez present the Manchester City game and discuss the signing of Antonio Rudiger
- How should Real Madrid approach this game defensively?
- What would City’s backline be without Stones / Cancelo / Walker?
- Gabriel Jesus
- Key matches
- Raheem Sterling vs Dani Carvajal
- Midfield battle
- Arrest Kevin de Bruyne
- Explaining Toni Kroos’ struggles right now
- The tactical approach of both teams
- The importance of Eder Militao
- The importance of the crowd on the Real Madrid bench and energy levels
- Why Rudiger is a good recruit
- Debunking the argument that Rudiger is a “systems actor”
- Should David Alaba replace Ferland Mendy at LB?
- And more.
Part Two (56:13): Kiyan Sobhani and Siddharth Ramsundar discuss Benzema’s longevity
- Why Karim Benzema is incredible and unrivaled
- His diet and training regimen
- How Athletes Extend Their Careers
- And more.
Did you enjoy this podcast? Join the Patreon Army for tons of bonus content: Patreon.com/ManagingMadrid.
Book your tickets for these cities on the Managing Madrid Podcast World Tour:
Managing Madrid is a hub for all Madridistas with updated news, editorials, tactical analysis, artwork and of course podcasts. It also serves as a means for real Madrid fans to connect and chat about the team. We would like your support so that we can continue to produce podcasts for you.
The site is run by a small team that works tirelessly to make it what it is today. Your contributions will allow us to continue to have a real, full-time presence in maintaining this website and its podcasts.
Hosts this week:
Kiyan Sobhani (@KiyanSo)
Jose Perez (@jcperez_)
Siddharth Ramsundar (@tacticalfouling)